Jakarta, Indonesia, 26 August 2013–Vserv.mobi, a leading Global Mobile Ad network, released The Mobile Internet Consumer Report – Southeast Asia 2013, developed in conjunction with The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA).The report provides a regional and country-specific insight into mobile internet usage across six Southeast Asian countries namely, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
The report aims to provide media planners and brand advertisers with useful Mobile Internet audienceinsights, to enhance their reach to the right target audienceacross this fast-growing region.
With customer experience as one of the top priorities for every brand, the ability to leverage consumer insights provides key opportunities to drive higher engagement and recall. According to the report, the Southeast Asian mobile internet user is young, employed and possesses a high spending power. Some of the insights from the report include:
- More than half of mobile internet users are generally young; below 24 years of age
- More than a third possess graduate and postgraduate degrees
- Over 70% of users are working professionals, with a high spending power that includes frequent visits to restaurants, shopping malls & movie theatres
- Mobile internet users are content and information hungry, often turning to mobile advertising to fulfil these needs
- Consumers love mobile ads that provide downloadable content (55%), followed by those that help discover great deals (42%)
- Apps andgames are the most downloaded form of content followed by, videos and music
Additional specific insights on Indonesia include:
- Indonesia has the youngest mobile internet user base in Southeast Asia
- 30% of mobile internet users in Indonesia are graduates or post- graduates
- The type of content consumed in Indonesiais similar to that of a typical Southeast Asian user. Indonesia sees a high download of games and apps (70%)
- The number of mobile internet users in Indonesia who find deals on their phone (36%), learn about a brand (33%) or locate something (22%), slightly lower than the Southeast Asian average
Rohit Dadwal, Managing Director, MMA Asia Pacific, said, “Brands are keen to learn more about their growing mobile consumer base to enablea richer and more targeted experience. This increases the relevance of the message and therefore the willingness of the consumer to engage with the brand, both in the short and long term. We are delighted to partner with Vserv.mobi in providing brands and marketersuseful insights, which will help them in making informed decisions on their mobile media spends.”
Vikas Gulati, Vice-President for Southeast Asia, Vserv.mobi, said, “As an industry leader, Vserv.mobi is committed to growing the mobile marketing industry and evangelise the use of mobile as an effective marketing tool. Our joint survey with MMA, the apex body of mobile marketing in the world, is an important step in that direction. Our first Mobile Internet Consumer Report will solve an important pain-point at an industry level by providing astute, ready to use mobile consumer data. It will help marketers in understanding their audiences better, and use those insights to formulate strategies that create sharper and more focussed campaigns.”
The Mobile Internet Consumer report produced by MMA and Vserv.mobi is based on a primary survey of over 3,000 mobile web and app users. The two-week long survey was conducted in – July 2013. A copy of the full report, with country-wise data for these markets can be downloaded at http://vserv.mobi/insights
About Mobile Marketing Association
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association representing all players in the mobile marketing value chain. With more than 700 member companies, the MMA is an action-oriented organization with global focus, regional actions and local relevance. The MMA’s primary focus is to establish mobile as an indispensable part of the marketing mix. The MMA works to promote, educate, measure, guide and protect the mobile marketing industry worldwide. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Latin America (LATAM), and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com.
Vserv.mobi is a leading Global Mobile Ad Network with a strong presence in emerging markets. Vserv’s pioneering technology AppWrapper powers One Click App Monetization for 20,000+ Apps across platforms. AppWrapper is the World’s Simplest App Monetization – it enables premium advertising & innovative pricing models on any app, without coding, in just one click. Vserv’s other game changing platform, AudiencePro, combines the scale of the Vserv.mobi global Mobile Ad Network with comprehensive user data from TelCos, to revolutionize how advertisers can reach their exact target audience across all mobile platforms. Vserv is the only Ad Network with App media across Smart Phones, Tablets and Smarter Feature Phones, thus providing advertisers unparalleled reach and engagement. Built on superior technology, the Vserv Marketplace delivers exceptional ROI to advertisers as well as enhanced earnings to developers & publishers.Visit www.vserv.mobi for more details.