JAKARTA, JULY 9, 2015 – F5 Networks (NASDAQ: FFIV) announced today its focus areas at Mobile World Congress Shanghai (MWC Shanghai), taking place in Shanghai, China from July 15 – 17. At the event, F5 will demonstrate how its solution portfolio helps service providers maximize business opportunities arising from exponential increases in connected devices, applications, and broadband data usage, in a secured manner.
Securing and managing the Internet of Things (IoT) becomes increasingly vital with a projected 50 billion connected devices by 2020, or seven devices for each person on the planet (Cisco/Intel). Operators will need to scale networks to handle rapid growth of data traffic, corresponding signaling traffic increases, secure connectivity and support new service and business models.
The F5 Synthesis™ architecture supports the service provider ecosystem with carrier-grade solutions around intelligent traffic management, Diameter and signaling traffic management, multi-layer security, and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) for secure, dynamic, and tight network control. These solutions enable operators to evolve their networks cost-effectively, ensuring optimized network services and enhanced Quality of Experience (QoE) for subscribers—while still driving new revenues. F5 is the only vendor to provide flexibility at the network, control, and application levels, enabling deep service customization that can be monetized.
F5 at MWC Shanghai: Optimize Your Network. Monetize New Services. Secure Every Layer.
Visit F5 at Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC), Booth #W5D92 at MWC Shanghai. Technology demonstrations will be available on demand at F5’s booth throughout the event, with topics including:
- Network Functions Virtualization – F5’s broad portfolio of virtual solutions support NFV initiatives, with technologies such as Diameter signaling, DNS, and carrier-class firewalls in field trials with tier-one carriers worldwide
- Multi-Layer and Multi-Domain Security – F5 technologies ensure end-to-end security for rapidly increasing threat vectors—for devices, the network, and applications.
- Network Simplification – F5 offerings simplify and optimize network services for TCO reduction and enhance user QoE. Widely deployed services by Cisco and F5, this illustrates how dynamic service chains can easily be constructed using Network Services Headers (NSH).
- New Revenue-Generating Services – Diameter, SIP, and DNS signaling solutions enable new revenue streams, including Voice over LTE (VoLTE), WiFi Offloading, and LTE Roaming.
“New mobility ecosystems characterized by network-connected electronic devices, the rise of the Internet of Things, and the industry shift towards Network Functions Virtualization complicate the LTE landscape. F5 experience coupled with our technological innovation working with service providers over the years to scale and optimize their networks have positioned us nicely as an enabler of application delivery in a broad array of environments. Our ‘optimize, secure and monetize’ approach address service providers’ multi-technology, multi-vendor network complexity challenges with our carrier-grade NFV solutions to ensure subscribers’ QoE is not compromised by providing an end-to-end service delivery architecture.”
Dr. Mallik Tatipamula, VP, Service Provider and Cloud Solutions, F5
The F5 solutions referenced in this announcement are available today. Contact your local F5 sales office for availability in specific countries.
- Service Provider Solutions – F5 Technologies
- Securing the Internet of Things Revolution – DevCentral Blog Post
- NFV: Moving from Vision to Operationalization – DevCentral Blog Post
- The Internet of Things-Ready Infrastructure – White Paper
- Addressing Security Challenges with LTE – Infographic
F5 (NASDAQ: FFIV) provides solutions for an application world. F5 helps organizations seamlessly scale cloud, data center, telecommunications, and software defined networking (SDN) deployments to successfully deliver applications and services to anyone, anywhere, at any time. F5 solutions broaden the reach of IT through an open, extensible framework and a rich partner ecosystem of leading technology and orchestration vendors. This approach lets customers pursue the infrastructure model that best fits their needs over time. The world’s largest businesses, service providers, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of cloud, security, and mobility trends. For more information, go to f5.com. You can also follow @F5NetworksAPJ on Twitter or visit us on Facebook and LinkedIn for more information about F5, its partners, and technologies.